Personal Banking Officer – Apply Now
- Canadian Western Bank
- Surrey, BC, Canada
At CWB, we strive to build value for the people who choose us every day: our people, our clients and our investors.
We do this by holding true to the values that guide us. We put people first and build relationships with intention. We seek out and embrace new ideas, knowing that better is always possible. We believe that how we do things is as important as what we do.
And we harness the power of inclusion. Our culture is who we are and how we show up – as individuals and as a team – to accomplish our strategy.
CWB Financial Group (CWB) is on a mission to become the best full-service bank for business owners of Canada.
Our Personal Banking team includes a diverse group of finance professionals who strive every single day to achieve strong results for the bank and their clients.
Our team of designated Personal Banking professionals know and understand the value of relationship building and brings that perfect combination of stellar stewardship, client support and financial expertise to the table. No day is ever the same in Personal Banking.
Whether it’s providing proactive client solutions, stellar service support, consultation sessions or financial advice, we’re there every step of the way for our clients to ensure they reach their personal and business dreams. It’s this top service that we are known for.
Acting as a strategic partner to Account Managers to build, grow and maintain profitable, long-lasting, and genuine relationships with CWB clients.
The Banking Officer will provide knowledge, courteous & efficient delivery of CWBs’ products & services (opening of accounts, sale of retirement and investment products, completion of personal lending account reviews, etc.) enhancing current client relationships by utilizing discovery questions to deliver a full-service solution.
Customer Service. Sales. Financial knowledge sharing. Process & operations. Reporting
• Applying your administrative expertise and testing your accuracy while initiating large volumes of personal banking products, handling document control and inputting data.
• Proactively identifying and anticipating client needs to uncover opportunities to be crucial to their financial success.
• Using customer insights to drive and guide your prioritization and handling of critical, timely documentation and report production.
• Exercising your financial smarts – helping clients understand banking products in a way that promotes client engagement and true comprehension.
• Learning and expanding your knowledge in a way that contributes to your branch’s success.
• Spreading positive vibes and collaborating with a team you’re proud to be a part of.
Capabilities That Will Take You Further
• People first approach. You are all about people. Be it your clients or your colleagues – you like communicating and connecting with others to provide solutions and build real, lasting relationships.
• Business focused. You’re able to see the bigger picture. Your client focus allows you to anticipate clients’ needs to go beyond expectations and drive opportunities to genuinely help others while successfully growing business.
• Agile. You are energized when faced with ambiguity and can adjust your approach – with people and problems – to respond efficiently and effectively in changing conditions.
• Entrepreneurial. Being accountable and taking ownership of your actions and their results is something you pride yourself on.
• Accurate. You’re very detail oriented. Accuracy is a practiced skill of yours and doesn’t diminish in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Knowledge seeking & growth minded. You’re a self-starter. You ask questions, are eager to learn and have a real interest in banking and how people spend and use their money.
• Technologically sound. You’re computer savvy – enough to move around MS Office Suite and other programs with ease.
Foundational Knowledge And Experience To Grow From
You’ve spent 3 years in a banking environment or have equivalent experience, have a strong understanding of banking products & services and genuinely want to learn & grow your financial career.
Go further with CWB. Apply today.
Why work with us?
Winners of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture 2021 &
Recognized as one of 50 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work® 2022
& Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness in Canada 2021
Values Driven People First Benefits
At CWB, we know your life, downtime, family, adventure, recovery, and future are an important part of you. They’re important to CWB too. That’s why our benefits take care of your whole life, family included.
Wellness matters. We offer an award-winning benefits package that includes hybrid work environments, everyday flexibility, 100% company-funded health coverage, health care spending account, a flexible wellness program & generous time-away options to unplug, rest & recover.
Bring your whole self to work. Inclusion is a journey requiring practice & experience to result in a powerful outcome.
Your perspective matters & voice will be heard. Find a community within the CWB family in our employee represented groups. Career development.
We invest in our employees’ development to help them reach their professional goals with organization wide Coaching services. Strategic career design is an investment in our core asset – our people. Innovation. Learn. Grow. Enhance. At CWB, we play to win.
When we fail, we fail forward. Recognition. Peer-to-peer recognition programs for “in the moment” and monumental wins. Community giving. Make a difference. Drive economic prosperity in your community. Get involved. Volunteer. Fundraise. All with CWB support.
ESG & sustainability focused. Be proud of where you spend, work & invest. Financial rewards. Base salary & pay for performance incentives. Retirement investment strategy.
You can’t work forever! So, we’ve got you covered. Company ownership. No greater sense of motivation & empowerment than being an owner! Find your “why” at cwbcareers.com.
Be proud of where you work. Join CWB. Apply today.
As an equitable employer, CWB Financial Group is committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment where a diverse workforce thrives. You are welcomed and encouraged to bring your whole self to work. Dignity, respect and equality are non-negotiables. If you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment or selection process, please reach out.
• Position closes at 12:01am on the close date identified below.