Job vacancy – warehouse Manager 2022/23
- Canada Goose Inc.
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Canada Goose isn’t like anything else. We’ve built something great, something special – an iconic lifestyle brand with an inspirational and authentic story. At the heart of it is our promise to inspire and enable all people to thrive in the world outside. To Live in the Open.
At Canada Goose, you’re part of a movement that belongs to something bigger. One that seeks out the restorative power of nature and is driven by a purpose to keep the planet cold and the people on it warm. We endure any condition, observe every detail, and are building a community that believes in living bravely and coming together to support game-changing people.
Here, opportunities are everywhere – to try something new, to learn, to do meaningful and impactful work, and they’re yours for the taking.
The Manager, Fabric Warehouse is responsible for directing the daily activities of the fabric warehouse, including labour scheduling, supervision, and the proper utilization of people, equipment, and space for the safe, high-quality, and productive delivery of logistics services to our internal and external customers.
The position includes oversight of receiving, putaway, shipping, and inventory control in the fabric warehouses in Scarborough and Winnipeg. To deliver KPIs and budget targets, the role requires working collaboratively with cross-functional partners in Procurement, Production Planning, Manufacturing, Inventory Control, Quality Assurance, and Finance.
• Oversee all fabric warehouse operations, including waving of orders, receiving, putaway, and picking
• Maintains the physical condition of the warehouse facility to reflect cleanliness, efficiency, and organization
• Oversee all inventory control policies and procedures to maintain inventory accuracy
• Work with the SM RM Warehouse & Transportation on a daily and weekly basis to align on inbound and outbound tasks and transfer order priorities
• Monitor and drive key service level metrics for fulfillment to ensure excellent customer experience and delivery of SLAs
• Review team and individual SLA performance regularly and coach associates at all RM Fabric locations on performance improvement as needed
• Work with the SM RM Warehouse & Transportation regular basis to ensure adequate and relevant department activity reporting is in place and evolves with any operational changes
• Support operational strategy and innovation to drive business goals for revenue, operational performance, and profitability
• Establish sound process improvement initiatives that drive year-over-year improvement and streamline and optimize day-to-day operations
• Comply with all ESA and OHSA regulations to ensure the safety of all personnel, equipment, and property.
• Prepare, maintain, and communicate all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and ensure they are adhered to.
• Ensure exceptional relationships with cross-functional teams
• Provide leadership and direction through coaching, mentoring, and developing direct reports; establish annual performance objectives, conduct performance assessments and identify opportunities for skill development
- • Accurate inventory with efficient processes
- • Efficient warehouse operations – YOY cost reduction
- • Flawless service to internal and external customers meeting or exceeding SLAs
- • Exceptional relationships with internal stakeholders
- • Drive engagement with salaried and hourly employees at all locations
- • World-class health & safety ratings
Experience, Education and Designations:
- • 5+ years experience in warehouse operations
- • 5+ years of management experience in a unionized environment
- • Apparel and/or raw material warehousing management is an asset
- • Deep understanding of supply chain product flows in a manufacturing environment required
- • Six Sigma and/or Lean experience an asset
- • University or college required, preferably in business, finance, supply chain, or engineering
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- • Knowledge of technical processes related to standard warehouse equipment and applications such as racking, WMS systems, and MHE
- • Advanced computer skills, including proficiency with ERP, WMS, and MS Office Suite
- • Knowledge of occupational health and safety and employment standards legislation and of common workplace hazards and associated controls (Bill C45)
- • Strong customer orientation and problem-solving skills
- • Exceptional relationship builder with strong communication skills
- • Ability to coach associates effectively for improved performance in a unionized environment
- • In person based in Scarborough
- • Travel within Canada (primarily Winnipeg) required – 20
Apply here :