Apply online -Temporary Heavy Equipment Operator, Mining 2022/23
- Anglo American / De Beers Group
- Northwest Territories, Canada
- Company Description
- De Beers Group
- Be part of the team.
- The team that makes it happen.
You communicate openly and enjoy being part of a fantastic team with an unwavering commitment to safety. Come and join us working at Gahcho Kué one of the world’s greatest mines.
We’re the world’s leading diamond company – a unique luxury business that thrives on the creativity, passion and knowledge of our people.
To push our company forwards, we always need to think differently. We welcome diverse perspectives, people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions.
In return, we provide you with the space and support to grow and achieve your ambitions.
De Beers Group of Companies has a temporary opportunity for an individual to join the Mining team at the Gahcho Kué Mine Site based in the Northwest Territories. The ideal candidate is one who is committed to safe working practices and strives for zero harm.
Reporting to the Mining Supervisor and working a 21 days in/21 days out rotation, the individual is responsible for operating heavy mobile equipment such as mine haul trucks, large track dozers, large wheel loaders, excavators and shovels to maximize the mine production of ore and waste in the mine pit.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work for a stable company, at a safe and established mine, we want to hear from you.
- • Safely and skillfully operating a variety of heavy mobile equipment and attachments to excavate, grade and move hard rock;
- • Conducting daily safety checks and inspections of the equipment before operating;
- • Monitoring equipment and reporting any problems according to mine operating procedures;
- • Following company procedures and standards such as safety, environmental, and code of conduct; and
- • Communicating effectively via two-way radio.
- • Legally permitted to work in Canada;
- • High school diploma or equivalent life skills;
- • On-the-job training and experience, resulting in being qualified to operate Komatsu surface mining equipment, including but not limited to: PC5500/2000/1250/390/210 Shovels/Excavators, WA1200/900/600/500 Loaders, Rubber Tire Dozer, Dozers, Motor Graders and/or 980/930/830 Haul Trucks;
- • Ability to safely work 12 hour day and night shifts on a rotational basis; and
- • Ability to work in a safety-oriented, fast-paced, cross-cultural environment.
• This is not a training position and only those that meet the above requirements will be considered;
• Applicants will need to list make and model numbers of equipment they are qualified to operate on their resume;
• Applicants who are at high risk of developing severe complications from COVID-19 may not be medically cleared for site. Please refer to the following Health Canada guidelines: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/prevention-risks.html
• This is a temporary position.
Who we are:
We are the world’s leading diamond company, powered by thousands of people around the world who are driven to support thriving local communities, protect the natural environment, and stand with women and girls, focused on Building Forever.
If you like chasing demanding targets, thrive on making decisions in the pursuit of brilliance, and enjoy the support of the world’s finest experts, we have a place for you.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
Since safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines are widely available and have been proven to be a very effective and safe way of protecting people and reducing COVID-19 transmission, we continue to strongly encourage employees to get vaccinated at the earliest possible opportunity. As our mining operations are fly-in fly-out, vaccination is required to travel to sites.
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
Apply Now :