Apply online – Manager Quality Assurance 2022
- Canadian Red Cross
- CA$78,707–CA$98,384 a year
- Title: Manager – Quality Assurance
- Location: Across Canada (remote)
- Employment status: Permanent Full-Time
- Salary band: $78,707 – $98,384
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), an iconic brand and one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet, is seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Manager to build and manage the Technology Group (TG) organization’s quality assurance standard practices and controlling new product development processes.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
The incumbent will work on the testing and maintenance of the CRC’s software systems, both new and existing ones. The role requires an eager Quality Assurance expert who pays attention to detail, and has technical leadership experience within the QA domain. The QA Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing the daily work of QA Analysts to ensure technology solutions are built properly, perform according to specifications, meet all user and technical requirements and are delivered to clients so they can use the products immediately and effectively.
In this role, you will:
• Design, develop and execute application-level test strategies, test plans, test case and automation for applications using industry best QA methodologies and project documentation
• Create and maintain reusable automation and manual test scripts for various API, front-end and integration tests
• Perform Functional, Integration and Regression testing of applications using both manual and automated test scripts and lead UAT
• Collaborate with Developers, Business Systems Analysts, Project Managers and project teams to provide ongoing testing and quality assurance support for CRC applications to ensure that issues and risks are identified, logged and resolved, and that the applications are stable, secure and compliant
• Create summarizing and information-rich status reports and detailed estimates on assigned tasks / user stories
• Support the efforts of ensuring the applications meet PCI, AODA (WCAG 2.0 A/AA), and other compliance standards
• Lead the development and implementation of a QA framework and quality improvement initiatives across the IS organization
• Perform internal QA audits that are compliant with the policies, practices, and procedures
• Lead the design and implementation of the test automation framework and related tools and manage continuous improvement initiatives.
• Manage a team of QA Analysts; prioritize and manage their project allocation, support QA staff with respect to managing competing priorities
• Establish goals and objective-setting, performance monitoring and assessments, and coaching to support performance and career growth.
What we are looking for:
- • University degree in Computer Science is preferred or equivalent experience and ongoing education related to Quality Assurance and people management
- • 8+ years of software QA and test automation experience in a .Net environment and 3+ experience managing a team of QA specialists
- • Strong knowledge of QA methodology, regulations, guidelines, and associated standards
- • Experience with using bug tracking and test case management tools (e.g., Azure DevOps, Jira, Zephyr)
- • Experience with Automated testing using frameworks such as Selenium, Cucumber, Cypress
- • Experience with API testing, running Load, Integration and Regression tests
- • Experience working in Agile environment (Scrum)
- • Ability to create and review technical documentation, including project plans, test procedures, and design documents
- • Experience with MS D365 or M365 platforms is highly desirable
- • Strong time management, planning and organizing skills
• Ability to work from home as the primary workspace.
• Some travel across Canada may be required for meeting with clients, stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management.
• Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
• If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
• Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground).
This position is open until filled; however qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Qualified applicants who apply after the selection process has started, may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential