Apply Now – MANAGER, ONLINE FINANCING – Across Canada 2022
BANQUE DE DÉVELOPPEMENT DU CANADA
At BDC, we help Canada and its entrepreneurs create a prosperous, inclusive and green economy. Our mission is to help Canadian businesses thrive by providing financing, capital and advisory services. We’re devoted to Canadian entrepreneurs. We’re also dedicated to our employees. Adaptable. Inspiring. Different. There’s a reason we like to work here, and we think you’ll like it too. Join BDC and help make a difference!
Diversity. Equity. Inclusion. They’re more than just words for BDC. These concepts are foundational to our success and to our ability to attract, retain, mobilize and develop the right talent, as well as to offer a healthy, professional and collaborative environment. We are committed to cultivating and preserving an environment where all employees can thrive, and, for over a decade, we have been recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers.
In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, orientation, beliefs, experiences, and more.
The Manager, Online Financing is responsible for supporting BDC strategies to increase online financing and client portal usage by providing an excellent customer experience throughout the loan application/authorization, especially in resolving basic and complex client issues and, when necessary, escalating exceptional and unusual situations.
• Conduct thorough investigations and due diligence for online loan applications, including performing required loan analysis and providing all required documentation.
• Ensure that BDC’s online financing policies, procedures and decision-making criteria are observed, and generate high-quality recommendations for authorization, based on credit scoring.
• Develop win/win solutions for the client/BDC through innovative thinking and resourcefulness
• Is accountable for underwriting of Online Financing loans, in accordance with internal BDC policies.
• Take a tactful and diplomatic approach to rejecting requests that do not meet BDC’s criteria or policies while ensuring that the client clearly understands the reasons for the rejection.
• Maintain relationships with business centre colleagues and internal partners to encourage teamwork, the pursuit of common objectives and the consistent application of policies
• Update client information in various BDC systems consistently, to ensure any colleague can take over a given file at any step, any time.
• Coach, mentor and share experience with team members.
• Keep abreast of changes to policies, procedures, processes and trends in CRM and regulatory issues that may have an impact on the VBC process.
• Liaise with internal partners on structuring deals to see to it that policies and procedures are observed.
• Participate in resolving compliance or material changes that arise as deals are negotiated and structured.
- • Bachelor’s degree in commerce or business administration
- • 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
- • Experience in loan writing and ability to analyze and negotiate financial deals.
- • Good knowledge of Credit scoring
- • Sound credit judgment coupled with a strong understanding of credit policies and practices.
- • Thorough knowledge of Bank products, services, policies and procedures and ability to provide a high-quality customer experience.
- • High attention to detail
- • Ability to work in a constantly changing environment and under pressure.
- • Strongly result oriented
- • Ability to develop win/win solutions for the client and BDC through innovative thinking .
- • Good communication skills to be able to interact and negotiate with internal partners and clients.
- • Time-management and priority-setting skills in order to meet critical deadlines.
- • Strong business acumen and client focus.
- • Team spirit and a thorough understanding of the dynamics of small businesses.
- • Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- • Bilingualism (English & French) an asset
With us, you’ll be able to achieve the work/life balance you’re looking for, with competitive working conditions and above-market flexible benefits. This includes modern workspaces to work from when you are in our offices, and, for some specific positions, the ability to work remotely, on reserve, and/or within your community.
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only the candidates selected to participate in the recruitment process will be contacted. If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email us at , and include your full name, the best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process
Apply here :