Apply online – Latest Job Opportunity At Jhpiego 2023
Here is the Latest Job Opportunity At Jhpiego. The company is looking for a Compliance officer.
Job Summary For The Latest Job Opportunity At Jhpiego
The Compliance Officer will report to Jhpiego’s Country Director on compliance related functions and work with the Finance & Administrative Team Leader. The primary responsibility of the Compliance Officer will be to oversee compliance with US Government and USAID cost principles and regulations.
This includes implementation of activities and effect payment as per agreement, local government requirements, accepted accounting practice including field visits, reporting, and evaluating results.
S/he will work closely with the F&A Director to ensure accurate financial, contractual and administrative reporting of sub-grantees.
Working with all stakeholders, the Compliance Officer will identify risks that hinder the achievement of Jhpiego’s objectives, assess the adequacy and recommend appropriate internal control systems to reduce associated risks and test the compliance level of transactions as per donor, statutory and JHU/Jhpiego norms.
With the support and oversight of the Country Director or nominee, the Compliance Officer will provide guidance, training, and compliance oversight in the areas of finance & administration, procurement, human resources and field offices.
The Compliance Officer will work closely with Senior Management Team and all relevant departments/functions as required.
- Conduct random sample review of filed transaction vouchers for their availability, completeness and reasonableness.
- Work with the Country Director or nominee, F&A Director and other Jhpiego senior staff members to ensure that internal control processes and systems are adequate to minimize risks.
- Through technical assistance and spot-checking, verify that country programs comply with donor rules and regulations, applicable organizational policies and pertinent U.S. and host country laws.
- Develop an annual compliance review work plan based on the country office project portfolio to ensure full compliance coverage.
- Perform and document monitoring visits to sub recipients; and work with senior management and sub grantees to implement improvements, if required.
- Develop and maintain Jhpiego’s program for monitoring and oversight of sub-recipients.
- Serve as a member on one or more of Jhpiego’s internal compliance reviews teams, as needed.
- Ensure strict adherence to country office practices and procedures.
- Update and report to the Country Director and other senior country office staff on the status of the implementation of internal compliance recommendations on a regular basis.
- Assist the finance team in execution of all types of external audits and reviews including management responses and action to be taken.
- Compile and submit to the USAID all VAT refunds, claims and reliefs from the USAID.
- Verify all vendor tax withholdings before payments.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Country Director.
Required Skills or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration.
- Part qualified chartered accountant and/or certified internal auditor is essential.
- At least five years’ experience in an INGO environment with a minimum of three (3) years relevant experience in audit or compliance and two-year experience in accounting.
- Proficient in US Government and USAID cost principles and regulations.
- Relevant experience in financial/operational systems preferred.
- Sound experience in auditing
- Excellent organizational, coordination, communication and interpersonal relationship skills required.
- Experience working with and providing technical assistance and training to NGOs preferred.
- Computer literacy and very good knowledge of Excel, MS-Word; experience in QuickBooks accounting package is advantageous.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Ability to present information effectively and efficiently to senior management and concerned program managers.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts as they relate to auditing and fiscal analysis to include accounting and budget.
- Reasoning ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions and also obtain inputs wherever needed.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work in a multi-disciplinary team setup; ability to establish.
- Ability to interact skillfully and diplomatically with various counterparts.
- Sound judgment, ability to work independently, under pressure and to ensure confidentiality.
- Ability and willingness to travel internally and throughout the country.
- Computer literacy, particularly in the use of MS word, Excel and PowerPoint. Exposure to Quick Books is preferable.
How To Apply For The Latest Job Opportunity At Jhpiego
Send your CVs and application letters to:
Closing Date: 10th September, 2022
Due to high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Ghanaian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.