Application opened – Project Leader, Public Sector 2022
Boston Consulting Group
- Calgary, AB, Canada
Who We Are
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities.
BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organisations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures—and business purpose.
We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
Practice Area Profile
BCG’s Public Sector practice helps governments and agencies in their efforts to maximize public- policy outcomes. Our work with government clients offers unique opportunities to shape the future of public sector reform across the world.
We work with some of the most senior and influential people in government all over the world. The global Public Sector Practice was established in September 2009 so it is one of BCG’s newest and fastest growing practices.
Although the Public Sector is an industry practice area, our value proposition to public sector clients draws deeply on capabilities right across our functional and industry practices – such as energy, health care, consumer (transport), organisation, corporate development (privatisation), operations and digital business models (Digital Ventures).
What You’ll Do
Public sector organizations are under pressure to deliver more for their citizens, from seamless digital services to policies and programs that address complex problems, societal challenges, and crises. BCG’s Public Sector practice is looking for a Project Leader to join its collaborative, diverse, high performing, and fast-growing team.
A team that is committed to working with government departments, agencies, and crown corporations to enable, execute, and deliver meaningful and lasting value and impact for the purpose of helping Canada continue to be the best society and economy in which to live, work, and thrive.
The ideal candidate will have a real passion for working collaboratively with clients, problem-solving, combined with the first-rate leadership, mentorship, and communication skills needed to create dynamic and collaborative teams. An understanding of both the nuances of the public sector and the consulting landscape will prove critical to success.
Project Leaders are core to the success of each client engagement. They are central to each case/project team, with a role to play as the connecting tissue between the client, the delivery team, and the BCG global network.
• The Client – Project Leaders manage day to day delivery with the with client team, focused on generating insight and value for the client – ensuring buy-in, understanding, and transfer of capabilities to our client teams.
• The Delivery Team – Project Leaders lead a team of consultants to deliver the research, insight, and answer development for each engagement. They also coach, mentor, and develop each member of the team.
• The BCG Global Network – Project Leaders actively engage global topic leaders to leverage the ‘Best of BCG’ expertise and knowledge for the client, and integrate global perspectives into the client experience. Overall, Project Leaders are involved every step of the way in designing an approach, managing a team to execute, building relationships with the client, and ensuring impact for each engagement.
What You’ll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- • 6-10 years of experience required, with ideally 5+ of those years spent in consulting and 2+ years at a team lead level
- • Dedicated experience and expertise in one or multiple of the following:
- • Strategy formulation & execution
- • Complex scenario analysis and problem solving
- • Digitally enabled transformation
- • Citizen centric service delivery
- • Artificial Intelligence (AI) or Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- • Economic development
- • Climate & sustainability
- • People and organization
- • Future of Work
- • Experience working within a public sector organization, e.g., Government of Canada or a Provincial Government would be an asset but not required
- • Demonstrated ability to manage client engagements and provide “thought leadership” to teams, fully owning the responsibility for the quality of engagements
- • Passion for client relationship development and making a difference
- • A combination of managing high-performing, collaborative, and diverse teams and “hands on” delivery experience is critical
- • Fluency in French and English a plus
- • Advanced degree preferred, but not required
This role provides the unique and exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor of BCG’s Public Sector work within Canada specifically. With an exceptional commitment to building and fostering high-performing, diverse, and inclusive teams, this group has a track record for delivering excellence to governments around the world.
In addition to case teams, you will partner closely with BCG’s Centre for Canada’s Future, established in 2017 to contribute to the national dialogue, help shape the country’s agenda, and identify the greatest opportunities for Canada.
YOU’LL BE BASED IN
The ideal candidate is Ottawa-based, but will need to affiliate with one of our Canadian offices (ideally Montreal or Toronto).
YOU’LL BE TRAVELING
Travel is anticipated however much of the work is anticipated to be Ottawa-based
Apply here – on Boston Consulting Group: